Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ah, that's better.

I've been trying to get back into running regularly, which has been much more difficult than after having Oliver and Buttercup -- mainly because I don't have a triple running stroller. :-) But I'm slowly getting there. What helps is that Theodore has pretty consistent sleeping habits now, so I feel like it's okay for me to get up early on Saturday mornings and go for a long run, or run on Sunday afternoons. Another big help is that Oliver and Buttercup are in preschool on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, so I'm not only able to get in a good run on both mornings, but I also get to choose if I want to run on the treadmill or if I want to put Theodore in the running stroller and run outside! Yay! It's the little things. :-)

I seem to have finally hit my stride (ha, ha) with a running plan, so running has been easier since it's becoming more of a habit. And as a result of running more consistently (plus the weather getting a little bit cooler!), my times have been dropping. My first long run after having Theodore was 6 miles, and I ran around 9:30 pace. It was horrible and I hated it. I felt good for getting out there when I was done, but it was one of the worst runs I've had.

I've had both good and bad long runs since then -- including a terrible one last weekend -- but so far today's was the best! It was about 60 degrees with very low humidity when I started running, and I finished 10 miles at 8:36 pace. And the best part is that I felt like I could have run another mile or two after I finished. Yay! I really needed that boost of confidence!

I've signed up for the 3M half marathon again (thanks, Dad!), and after this morning's run I'm really motivated to try for a new PR. 1:34:22 (7:13 pace) is the time to beat. Not sure if I can do it, but I'm going to try!

1 comment:

  1. I think you will do it! You have determination, discipline and a definite goal. A great mix for success. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete