Wednesday, August 8, 2012

We have a kindergartner!

Today was Oliver's first day of kindergarten! He's been ready for this day for a while and he was so excited this morning. 

Of course all 3 kids decided to sleep in, but we managed to get everyone up, dressed, and out of the door on time. 

Here's Oliver, on the way to school (with Buttercup gazing adoringly at him from her seat):    (I'm not going to post the picture I took of Buttercup glaring at me when I asked her if I could take her picture.)

About to walk through the school doors for the first time!

Sadly (for me), the drop off didn't go quite the way we were expecting. We were supposed to be able to walk them into the cafeteria and hang out on the sidelines for a bit, then walk them to their classrooms. Instead, when we walked up to the school, we were told to go straight to the classroom, drop off our kids and then leave. :-(  

Dennis stayed outside of the classroom with Theodore while Buttercup and I walked Oliver in. I felt like crying, but held it together . . . until I heard the lullaby music that the teacher had playing in the classroom (!!!) and then I started bawling. Ha ha ha.  So I only have one picture of Oliver in his classroom. (I'd been planning to take one of him and his teacher, or at least have one of him and me, or something.)

I gave him a kiss on the cheek and hugged him goodbye, and he shrugged me off and said, "Moooom, I just want to get started with my Play Doh, is that okay?"  HA!  Then Buttercup and I walked out of the classroom, stood in the hall with Dennis and Theodore, and waved at Oliver until he looked thoroughly embarrassed.  ;-)  

I love this sweet boy. So proud of you, my big boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment