Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Theodore-isms

Hi! Well, it's been about a week and I still haven't gotten around to getting Christmas pics off of my phone and onto my computer. (I don't know any other way of doing it other than the slow way of e-mailing myself each picture and uploading it to my computer . . . if anyone knows a faster way, please let me know!)

So, I don't have Christmas pics, but I do have something a little bit better, perhaps? I've been writing down some of the funny things that Theodore has said this week, so now I have a bunch of cute Theodore-isms for you! 

-- One morning, Theodore and I were at the park, talking about what he wanted for lunch. He said he wanted beans. Well, by the time we got home, I forgot and made him a PB&J instead. He was mad when he got to the table and saw a sandwich instead of beans (the horror!), and threw a little fit. I ignored it and started praying over our lunch, and said something like, ". . . and please help Theodore have a good attitude about his sandwich."  After I prayed, Theodore said, "Okay, I eat this. Thank you, Jesus, help me make good attitude words!"  

-- One morning while I was driving Buttercup and her friend to preschool, the girls were talking about their favorite animals. I asked Theodore what his favorite animal is, and he said, "My favorite animal is element. Elephant? Elephant. That my favorite animal on the carousel."  

-- We were on our way to Hobby Lobby one afternoon, and Theodore was having trouble pronouncing the name of the store. He finally got it figured out, then about two minutes later he was trying to ask me if he could bring his snuggle friend (lovey) inside the store. He said, "I bring my snuggle on Wobby Hobby?  Wobby Wobby?  I not know how saying it.  Wobby Wobby."  HA HA! 

-- Theodore has a favorite library book about blimps that we've been reading every day at naptime and bedtime. He just about has it memorized, so every once in a while I'll pause at a word so he will say it for me. One of the paragraphs is about how blimps were used to drop bombs in WWI. The last sentence goes, "but the bombs were small, and did little damage."  One evening, I was reading that last sentence, and I paused after "but the bombs were small . . ." and Theodore chimed in with, ". . . and did widdle tiny baby damage!" He even said it in a tiny baby voice! It was so funny! 

-- This afternoon, I took the kids to the pool. While we were swimming, Theodore kept slurping up mouthfuls of pool water and spraying it into my face. I warned him a couple of times, then the last time I used my Stern Mommy voice and told him he would have to sit on the side if he did it again. He used his sweetest voice and said, "Or, I could jump in like elephant and make elephant sound???" And then he jumped in the pool with his arm up like an elephant's trunk, while making a trumpeting sound. What a goofball!!    

Warning: this one is potty-related (but CUTE!). 
-- We were about to leave the house, and I wanted to make sure Theodore wouldn't have to go #2 while we were out. I asked him to try to poop, and he was sitting on the toilet for a minute or so, making lots of loud grunting sounds . . . and then he said, "It not working! My behind no has batteries. Pee pee has batteries, but my behind no has batteries."  :-)

Here are some cute pictures! The first two are of Theodore trying to wink at me, and the last one is of him admiring himself with his new Mickey Mouse bike helmet. I love that sweet little face!  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment