I have new pictures to upload, but in the meantime I thought I'd share some Oliver tidbits with you.
One day last week, Oliver, Buttercup, and I headed out for an outing after Buttercup's morning nap. We were leaving our neighborhood when Oliver saw a man and a 13-14 year old boy standing near the sidewalk outside of their house. The boy was holding a weedwhacker, and the man was standing next to a lawnmower.
Oliver and I had the following conversation: [FYI, Oliver is fascinated with weedwhackers and other yard tools]
Oliver: That boy have weedwhacker???!
Me: Yep, it looked like he was going to help his daddy with some yard work!
Oliver: He real big boy???? Has weedwhacker??!!
Me: Yes, he's a "real big boy", like Austin at church.
Oliver: When I real big boy, I have weedwhacker?
Me: Maybe, when you're a "real big boy", you can help Daddy with the weedwhacker! Would that be fun?
Oliver: [his face lit up like a Christmas tree] UH HUH!!!!
A little while later, we were nearing our destination and Oliver was looking out of the window at the clouds in the sky. He said, "That rain cloud look like soap. That rain cloud [is] soap to wash my hair with!"
```````````````````````````
On Friday, I took Oliver and Buttercup on another outing. We were at an intersection, and a police car turned in front of us. I pointed it out to Oliver. Then, we turned behind the police car and I noticed that it was a K-9 police car. I said, "Oliver, that police car is a very special police car! It says, 'K-9', which means that there is a police dog in that car!" Oliver looked at me with his mouth open and said, "Police dog driving the car????"
``````````````````````````
This morning, we went to HEB and I let Oliver pick out a toy to buy. He chose the "Bob Cutlass" car from Cars. He asked me later what the name of the car was, and I said, "Bob Cutlass" and he started making up all sorts of funny names, like "Bob Footloose," "Bob Froot Loops," "Bob Fungus." He is such a hoot!
No comments:
Post a Comment