Thursday, October 7, 2010

Random thoughts

- I make the best banana bread ever. For real.

- I love it when it's cool enough to have the windows open during the day!

- I love Halloween, and am super excited about making fun, cut Halloween crafts with my kids this year.

- I think I like doing crafts more than my kids.

- I love it when Buttercup finds something funny and can't stop giggling. CUTE!

- I wish we could have a garage sale today. We have too much stuff, and not enough storage.

- I love IKEA. I would love to have one of their designers come to our house and redecorate. For free, of course. ;-) I will keep dreaming.

- Air-popped popcorn with a sprinkle of ranch seasoning is awesome.

- Chuy's has the best Tex Mex. If I could, I would eat at Chuy's every day.

- I love food. That's probably why I majored in it. ;-)

- Sometimes I wish I could fast forward through the next couple of months, until Buttercup is able to communicate better (read: more talking, less screaming, hitting, and biting).

- It's hard to believe I used to not want to have kids. I can't imagine my life without them now.

- It grosses me out when I'm petting our cat, and she shakes her head and tosses saliva onto my face. Or any part of my body, really. Eww .

- I'm not really a cat person.

- I want to move to the country, to a house with a big yard. And a big dog.

- I think children (especially 4 year old boys) are a lot like Labrador retriever puppies. Try to contain and control them and they'll only be sullen and get into trouble. Give them room to run and a special place to dig, and your life will be so much easier (and they'll be SO happy!).

- I'm very thankful that my almost-4-year-old son still loves his nap. :-)

- I love to run. I don't like sprinting, but I'm thankful for every chance I get to run.

- I like to run races because I like the competition.

- My favorite race memory was the 5k I ran when I was 7 months pregnant with Buttercup. I breezed past a wheezing, overweight man in the second half of the race, and he cursed under his breath when he realized 1) how pregnant I was, and 2) that I was going to smoke him. Sorry, dude! I won second place in my age group in that race and have an awesome race picture for Buttercup's baby book. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I bet that my banana bread is better - seriously. I'm not kidding. It's a recipe from Alex's mom, and I think that it's the best I've ever had. . . and even I can't botch it up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. No, no. No way is it better. Mine has chocolate chips!! :P You should come visit and we can have a banana bread bake-off. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email me your banana bread recipe! ;)

    ReplyDelete