I've been posting lots of pictures but haven't given a real update in a while! Here's what the kids have been up to.
Buttercup is 2, although it seems like she's been 2 for a long time already, ha ha. Anna commented once that Oliver never really went through the Terrible Twos, but that Buttercup is definitely making up for it! She's just a feisty, spirited little girl, and she is so much fun.
It took her about a month to adjust to Oliver going to preschool twice a week (she used to scream and cry off and on for an hour after we dropped him off), but fortunately now we are finally getting to have some good quality time together while he's in "school." I'm very thankful for that, too, because I get to see her personality develop. She's extremely verbal and so funny!! She loves to make up jokes and tell stories. And, of course, she's still really into baby dolls (and real babies). Grammy and Granddaddy bought her a doll diaper changing/feeding station for her birthday, and she plays with it for at least an hour every day.
Oliver is 4 now. (Sorry, Bud, I didn't do a birthday post for you -- happy birthday!!) He is still into construction stuff BIG time, so for his birthday party, he requested a construction party. With the help of some other blogs, I came up with construction tasks for him and his friends to do (an obstacle course, sand bag toss, painting a cardboard house) and intended to give out construction gear to each of the workers when the tasks were complete. The only hitch was that it was so chaotic that I totally forgot about handing out goggles and dust masks. Oops! Everyone seemed to have a great time though, and that's all that really matters anyway. :-)
Being 4 years old has changed Oliver a little bit already. For one thing, we've seen more of a mature, easy-going, willing-to-please attitude. He's been playing very nicely with his friends and sister, and I don't have to remind him to pick up his toys, wash his hands, or do other chores! Another new change is that he can be a tad more dramatic (okay, maybe that's an understatement) at times, and we're also starting to see more disobedience and rude behavior . . . but, as everything else, it will pass.
My favorite change though, is that Oliver has suddenly decided that Buttercup is his best friend. He wants to do everything with her, he asks her every morning to play in his workshop with him, he helps her when she asks him for help, he pushes her in the swing (without trying to make her fly out), etc. Another thing is that after 18 months of trying to get away from her at the dining table, he's decided that he wants to sit right next to her at all meals. He moved their chairs so close together that their arms touch, and their placemats are overlapping! And they sit there, eating together, talking, and just enjoying each other. I don't know how long this will last, but I am eating it up!!!!
I love my babies! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment