Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ages 7 and up? No problem!

This year the kids' birthday party was in the morning, and we were mean parents (ha ha) and made them wait until after their naps/rest time to open their birthday gifts. As soon as Oliver got up from resting, he made a beeline for the gift bag from Grammy. :-) He knew that she had bought him a new Star Wars Lego set, and of course he wanted to put it together right away!



Since it had so many pieces, I asked him if he'd rather until his daddy woke up from his nap, just in case he needed help. But of course, Oliver said, "No thanks, Mom. I got it."

And he did. I just love watching him work, he's such an awesome little guy. :-)





On a cute note, this is what Miss Buttercup was doing while Oliver worked so studiously:


Glitter glue. Lots and lots of glitter glue. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great birthday! So impressed with O's lego building skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that Oliver was excited about the Grammy gift! He is such a special boy. I'm glad I could give him some joy.....he sure gives me a bunch! He's getting that "big boy" look in his facial features. Kind of bittersweet. But with a foundation like he's had thus far, we can only look forward to what is to come in his life. He is truly a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I must add that I am happy that Ms. Buttercup enjoyed the artistic pile up of glitter glue!! Every girl deserves to "splurge" on her birthday! <3

    ReplyDelete