Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A sweet conversation

Yesterday at naptime, I had just finished reading the kids’ pre-nap stories to them, and they were putting the books away. Oliver saw the book Buttercup had, and he said:

Oliver: That’s mine, you know.
Buttercup: [to me] Is this one Oliver’s?
Me: I bought it for Oliver after he was born, and it was his for a little while, but that’s only because he was the first. Now it belongs to everyone.
B: Was that when I was in your tummy?
M: No, not yet. You were in my tummy later.
B: Oh. [brief pause] Is that when Jesus and God had me?
M: Yes, that’s when Jesus and God had you.
B: Did they hold me?
M: Oh yes, they did. They held you until it was the right time for you to be in my tummy.
B: I like that. I liked that they held me before I was in your tummy. I didn’t kick them.





My sweet girl. I love everything about that conversation, but especially love the thought of Jesus and God holding my babies in their arms before sending them to me. The things we learn from our kids! I love them so much. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment