I still haven't gotten around to reminding my sweet hubby about the hiking pictures (hopefully this afternoon!), but since I have a minute while the younger two are napping, I wanted to write down this funny conversation that I had with Buttercup this morning.
Buttercup, Theodore, and I were at the table, drawing with markers. I bought some new markers the other day, and Buttercup and I were testing them out. While we were drawing, we discovered that some of the markers were scented!
I picked up the orange marker.
Me: "Oh, what does this one smell like?"
Buttercup: "Hmmm. Oh. It smells like papaya!"
Which was really funny, because for one thing it obviously smelled like an orange, and why did she think of random fruit like papaya?! Ha ha ha.
Then I picked up the yellow marker.
Me: "Hmm, what do you think this one smells like?" (Thinking that she would give an obvious answer like lemon or banana.)
Buttercup: "Hmm. I don't know."
Me: "Do you think it smells like lemon?"
Buttercup: [sniffing it] "Oh yeah! It smells like women!"
Me: "Not women. . . lemon!"
Buttercup: "Oh yeah, oh yeah! Lemon. I was just trying to speak Spanish."
I love my silly girl. :-)
This is my new favorite picture of her, by the way. It's so her. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment