Friday, November 9, 2012

First (real) haircut and some kid artwork

Theodore's hair was getting long and shaggy again, so over the weekend we took him to a kids' salon to get his hair cut! This was the first time any of my children have gotten their hair cut anywhere but our yard, ha ha.  :-)  

Theodore was amazingly good for his hair cut! Aunt Anna and I both had our phones out to entertain him (Dora videos on Anna's phone, Theodore's favorite songs playing on my phone), and he did so well. Toward the end I had to give him a lollipop so he would keep his head still while the girl trimmed his hair line, and he was as still as can be while she finished up his hair. What a sweet little guy, I love him so much!

(Once again, sorry for the blurry phone pictures!)

Pre-haircut:

He really liked looking at his robe at first. :-)

Looking at Aunt Anna's phone:

Eating his first lollipop!

Sitting so still, enjoying his candy. :-)  What a sweet, sweet baby!!!

After his haircut was finished and he had eaten all but a tiny piece of his lollipop, I quickly took the rest of his lollipop away while he was distracted with something else. This was the cute face he made when he realized I had taken it away and was asking for it back:  (Strangely enough, he never got mad or anything when I didn't give it back to him!)

Here's something Oliver wrote for me yesterday afternoon. He had gotten into trouble on the way home from the park, and I had put him in time out right when we got home. After his time out, he went in his room and wrote this for me. 
It says, "I love Mom. She is the best Mom I ever had."  He even dated it for me. :-)  


And this is something that my sweet little girl drew this morning for her daddy. I know that Dennis is the person in the middle, and I think Buttercup drew herself
on the left side, but I'm not sure who's on the right. :-)  
She also carefully wrote "I love you" at the top. So sweet!! 

I love my sweet kiddos, they are so special and fun!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment