On the way there, our car ride was very uneventful. We stopped for lunch early and let the kids run around for a little while, then got back on the road.
(Sorry for the blurry phone pictures!! I can't figure out how to make them not blurry!!!!!! Arrgh!!!!!!)
Theodore fought his nap for a while:

But then he finally gave in and decided to fall asleep:
I love that smooshy cheek!!!!
The kids were super excited to see Granddaddy! Oliver couldn't wait to get outside and start working in the garden. He had to wait until the next morning, though. :-) Anna and I took the younger two to a playground while Oliver stayed home and helped Granddaddy in the garden. He built this impressive shelter from banana plants!
The next day, I took all 3 kids to the playground and to see Mike the Tiger at LSU. Mike was very active, which was fun for the kids!
Later that day, the kids played with food coloring and did acrobatics outside:
Then, all too soon, it was time to go home!
On the way home our early stop was at the Louisiana Oil and Gas Park, where Oliver and Buttercup got to hold baby alligators. :-)
Then after 6 more (mostly) uneventful hours in the car, we finally arrived home! So glad this baby boy can entertain himself happily with a book, especially after only napping for 15 minutes. :-)











I so enjoyed seeing all of you! Thanks for including me.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad we got to see you, too! So much for the surprise, haha ha! Love you!
ReplyDelete