Saturday, June 1, 2013

A sweet note of apology

One morning this week, I took the kids to play at Bull Creek with some friends. We had to leave earlier than our friends since Theodore was ready for a nap, and Buttercup and Oliver were both very disappointed that we had to leave "so early" (although we had been there for over 2 hours) and both chose to disobey me instead of walking to the car when I asked them to. 

When we finally were all in the car, I told them that, as a consequence, I would not take them to the farm the next morning like we had planned to do, and instead we would stay home all morning. Buttercup screamed the rest of the way home (of course) while Oliver silently pouted. When we got home, Oliver stopped me in the kitchen and said, "Mom, I'm going to write you an 'I'm sorry' letter and I'm going to use my best handwriting." 

After I had gotten Theodore and Buttercup down for their naps, I went to the table to check on Oliver, and he handed me this note:


It reads: "I am sorry for not obbeying [sic] you. Can you forgive me. Thank you for taking me. I shood [sic] have been a better listener."  

I love his neat handwriting, curlicue letters, and heart punctuation!! My sweet boy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment