Saturday, June 22, 2013

Our summer (so far) in pictures

We've been having a great summer so far! I'm definitely enjoying the more relaxed days and not rushing from one thing to the next all day.  And I'm absolutely enjoying not having to wake Theodore up from his naps every day to pick people up from school!

Buttercup has started taking a new dance class, which she LOVES. She's the youngest in her class (as opposed to the other class, where she was one of the oldest) and she's learning a lot from the older girls. The girls are working on a cute tap routine for their summer recital, and the steps are definitely a lot more intricate than in her previous dance class -- but she's doing very well!




Buttercup loves for me to turn on the Swan Lake CD, and then she'll dance and dance in the living room. Sometimes she'll drag Oliver into it, too. She'll chase him around the house begging him to be her prince until he gives in. What a sweet big brother. :-)

Theodore also likes to dance, but mostly he likes to dress up. :-)


Another exciting thing that has happened this summer is that Oliver got his own library card! We went to the library last week (it's terrible how long it had been since I took the kids to the library, because Theodore + libraries = TROUBLE) and he was so excited to get his card.

Neatly signing his name:


Holding up his own library card! The librarian said he could check out 15 books at a time, and he ran off right away and immediately came back with 10 books all about snakes and dinosaurs. :-) 


In other Oliver news, his gymnastics coach asked him last week to join the level 4 boys' team! What's funny is that, after 6 months of appearing to be tired of gymnastics, I finally pinned him down and he decided that this was going to be his last month of gymnastics. So I canceled his lessons, and then 6 days later his coach asked him to join the team. Oliver said "YES!!" Ha ha ha ha ha. So now he's going to have gymnastics 4 hours a week instead of 1! 

Here are some other random summer pictures, enjoy!



Snowcone mustache!

Playing quietly (and mostly unsupervised) with Play Doh while I fixed lunches for the water park!

One of our many visits to Bull Creek:


Going to the "far away" children's museum:

Dr. Buttercup!

How can it be summer if there aren't any sweaty kids climbing trees? :-)


Running on the trail:


Riding the train downtown to the children's museum!

Jumping off the diving board:


And part of the reason for us having a great summer is that I've been bringing the kids to the Y childwatch a few times each week so I can get a good run in. Thankfully, they don't really seem to mind, and everyone is much happier when Mommy gets some exercise! Whoo hoo! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment