Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Resurrection Day!

This weekend we celebrated the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ! We are thankful every day for His sacrifice and strive to live our lives in a way that is pleasing to Him.

We had a pretty good Easter weekend. Buttercup and I caught Oliver's bug and we were both feeling under the weather, but all 3 of us were feeling pretty good by Sunday evening.
On Saturday, Dennis and I hid eggs in the backyard during Oliver's nap. Oliver had a great time finding the eggs after he woke up! We made sure to "hide" the eggs in obvious places, but he still had a little bit of trouble finding them until we pointed them out. It was a lot of fun! I can't wait until next year when Buttercup can look for eggs, too.





































After naptime on Sunday, Dennis and I took the kids to the nearby trail to walk/run and we also visited a playground. Buttercup had fun on the swings!





















Sunday evening, we decided to barbecue and have a picnic in the backyard . . . possibly not the best idea with a toddler and (almost) 6 month old . . . but we had a good time anyway. Definitely made some memories! While the kids and I were waiting for Dennis to join us on the blanket, I talked to Oliver about the reason why we celebrate Easter. I began, "Easter is the time that we celebrate Jesus . . ." and then I stopped to collect my thoughts. Oliver looked at me, and then started singing, "Happy Birthday to Jesus." Here's a picture of him singing the song to Buttercup:
















and this is after he stopped singing to her:














I love my cuties! They are so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment