Friday, April 10, 2009

Thoughts from Oliver

Oliver still wasn't feeling too well yesterday, so we had another lazy day at home. Here are some cute things he said during the day:

-- I was feeding Buttercup in the recliner, and Oliver was playing with his new saw on the rug. He kept mumbling something, and I asked him a few times to repeat it. He finally said (slooooowly and looooudly), "I WANT BABY TO GO BACK IN MOMMY'S BELLY."

-- We were listening to the Beatles, and I was singing along to "I Wanna Hold Your Hand." Oliver was dancing along with the music. I asked him if he liked that song, and he stopped dancing and said (very seriously), "No, Mommy. That a silly song."

-- We were outside writing with his new sidewalk chalk, and I was singing the bunny song that Granddaddy made up several years ago. The song goes like this:
Daddy caught me a new thing to play with
Its eyes were brown and its ears were long
I gave it to Mama to hold for me
It kicked her belly and -pbbt- it was gone!
As soon as I finished singing it, Oliver said, "Mommy no sing that song. Mommy no sing about kick[ing] Mommy belly. Mommy sing about song nice to Mommy belly."

No comments:

Post a Comment