Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Springtime Fun!

Oliver, Buttercup and I have been having a really fun day! This morning we all played in Oliver's room after breakfast. While Buttercup was napping, Oliver and I went outside to play. I pushed him in his swing for about 15 minutes (not an easy task pushing a 36 pound toddler for that long!), then we ran around the yard and pretended that we were helicopters, airplanes, and jet planes. Then we went in the backyard and Oliver pretended to cut down a few of our trees. I think he'll be ready for some serious yard work in a couple of years!

While we were playing, Oliver and I talked about our upcoming visit to Grammy and Granddaddy's house. I reminded him that Daddy wouldn't be going with us, and that it would just be Mommy, Oliver, Buttercup, and Aunt Anna. We had the following conversation:

Oliver: Granddaddy be there?
Me: Yes, Granddaddy will be there!
Oliver: Granddaddy play cars with My?
Me: Yes, I bet Granddaddy would love to play cars with you.
Oliver: Grammy be there, too?
Me: Yep, Grammy will be there to play, too!
Oliver: No. Grammy no play cars. Grammy hold baby. Grammy hold baby so Mommy play with My and Granddaddy.

Oliver definitely has things figured out by now. LOL! Later on, he and I were dancing around and acting silly. I said, "We're just a couple of silly goobers!" About an hour later, we went to a friend's house to visit, and Oliver greeted her with, "Hi! I a GOOBER." Oops.

Here are some cute pictures from the past few days.


Buttercup can sit up so well!! And in case you can't read her shirt, it says, "Honk if you think I'm cute." HONK!








































And here are 2 pictures from our impromptu Easter photo shoot. We may have to try it again on a different day . . .










































Here is a video of Oliver's version of The Three Little Pigs:

Three little pigs wanted to build a house. Big bad wolf come over to knock down his house. There was another little piggy wanted to build a house. There another big bad wolf who wanted to knock down his house.
Me: And what did the wolf say?
Want to knock down his house. Want to knock down his house. Want to knoooock dowwwwwwwn his house.

1 comment:

  1. I think Buster was squealing with delight at Oliver's storytelling skills!! :)

    ReplyDelete