Monday, July 13, 2009

A Day in Pictures, installment 2

Welcome to the 2nd installment of A Day in Pictures!

First, we had breakfast . . .
























. . . then Oliver danced wildly in his room while I cleaned up the dining room and kitchen.















After we all got dressed, it was time to go for a quick run. Oliver tried to put on his new running shoes by himself, but he still had a little bit of trouble with the velcro. I don't doubt that he'll get the hang of it in no time!

























After I ran, Oliver and I stretched on the sidewalk . . .













. . .while Buttercup chewed on her dolly.

















When we got inside, Oliver (very gently) "clipped" Buttercup's hair with his pliers while I fixed her pre-nap bottle.













After I got the baby down for her nap, Oliver watched a Thomas video on YouTube while I took my shower,












then Oliver and I headed outside for some playtime while the baby napped.
Oliver mowed, practiced his golf swing, and "nail gunned" the grass.







































After Buttercup woke up, Oliver entertained us by doing "acrobats" in the kitchen while I got our things ready to walk to the playground.



















































At the playground, it was time for a snack / sidewalk chalk break,
















then we hit the swings!

















Both kiddos love to swing!



































































After swinging, it was time to play on the playscapes.





















































































We were all pretty beat after our playground trip! We had a quick lunch and then both kids took long naps. After Oliver woke up, he and I played in his room for a little while, then Buttercup joined us after she woke up.

































































Then it was time to get dinner ready! We had several fresh, ripe peaches, so I made a peach cobbler for a treat. Oliver was a big helper, scooping out flour and sugar, and stirring for me.














































While I finished preparing dinner, Oliver worked on the roof of the house I drew for him.




















After Dennis came home, we ate dinner, and cleaned up the kitchen.






















Then we all went outside to watch Dennis rehang Oliver's swing.




































Then Buttercup explored the grass in the backyard





















while Oliver "raked" the yard with a branch full of dead leaves.
















and finally, it was bathtime! What a fun day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment