Buttercup turned 9 months old last week, and I can't believe she's already so close to being 1 year old. She is turning into such a big girl -- she eats mostly table food, she can sit up from a lying position, and she army crawls around the house trying to chase Oliver and play with his toys. She had her 9 month checkup on Tuesday, and she's growing perfectly and is as healthy as can be!
Oliver hit some milestones of his own this week and is becoming such a big boy.
1) He's started making up his own jokes and stories (I'll include a sample below) and is turning into such a funny little guy.
2) Today he decided that he did not want my help using the bathroom and he did it all by himself! I was so proud (and a little sad!).
3) And the biggest milestone is: last night Oliver got out of his bed, opened his door, and came into our room by himself. He's never done that before, and it gave Dennis and me quite a shock. I don't think Oliver fell asleep until 11pm last night! He also woke up around 6 this morning, so needless to say, he's been a little tired today. :-)
Funny Oliver-ism:
Wednesday morning, all four of us were in the kitchen getting breakfast ready. I poured Oliver's cereal into his bowl on the kitchen island, and handed him some to eat. I turned my back to him to get his cup out of the cabinet, and turned back around to see Oliver reaching his hand up toward the bowl again. (note: as a safety precaution, Oliver is not allowed to reach into food containers on the island) I raised my eyebrows at him, and Oliver grinned at me, then looked at Dennis (who was also raising his eyebrows at Oliver) and said, "You better not be touching that, DADDY!" And as if that wasn't funny enough, he added, "I'm watching you, Wazowski. Always watching you!" (a line from his favorite movie, Monsters Inc.) He is so funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment