Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Homemade animal masks

I'm not sure why, but Oliver really likes to growl at people (random strangers, our friends, the mailman) right now. He doesn't do it to be aggressive or mean, he just likes the sound. I've tried to explain to him that most everyone might not like being growled at, or that he's just growling for fun (especially because he uses his grumpy face and grits his teeth while growling), but it hasn't really sunk in yet. So I had the bright idea of making a lion mask for him that he could wear when he feels the urge to growl.

Well, a lion mask turned into an elephant mask, then a hippo mask, then a shark mask, and then finally he decided that he wanted a snake mask. I said, "Well, snakes don't growl, right? They make a hissing sound, like sssssssssssss." And my always-imaginative Oliver responded, "Mama, it can be a growling snake. Okay?" Silly me, only thinking inside the box. ;-)



















Of course I couldn't leave Buttercup out! She was too busy playing with pipe cleaners to tell me what she wanted her mask to look like, so I chose a duck mask for her. After it was finished, she slapped at it, refused to put it on, and ran away screaming.



















Well, I guess I can't blame her. It is kind of weird looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment