Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Creamy Ham and Potato recipe

I discovered this recipe last week and made it twice in 3 days! I even doubled the recipe on the 2nd attempt because it is just that good.

Creamy Ham and Potatoes
from Taste of Home magazine

4 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
2 medium onions, chopped
1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1-1/3 cup water
1 cup shredded cheddar, optional

In a slow cooker, layer potatoes, onion and ham. In a saucepan, melt butter, then stir in flour, mustard, salt, and pepper until smooth. Combine soup and water, gradually stir into flour mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over ham.

Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with cheese before serving.

Yield: 4 servings.

2 comments:

  1. It's so fun to see a recipe and realize that you only need to remember to pick up ONE thing at the grocery store. . . . I am so putting this going tonight, and am going to use up some of that holiday ham from the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, how did you like it??? I wish I had potatoes and ham in the house so I could make some right now!

    ReplyDelete