I was kinda sorta starting to feel a little stressed about it, because we have a baby coming in about 9 weeks, and I was hoping that she would either be potty-trained by the time he was born, or that she would not want to be potty-trained until she was closer to 3. In other words, I didn't want to have to worry about potty-training her while also taking care of a newborn!!
Well, God took care of all of that for me, even without me verbally or mentally expressing that exact prayer! He knew what I needed, and He answered my prayer! :-)
Out of the blue, Buttercup decided last Wednesday morning that she wanted to wear underwear. She put it on, didn't complain about it, and she kept it dry all morning and most of the afternoon! She had 3 accidents the first day, 1 accident the second day, 2 accidents the third day, and she hasn't had any since. When I was potty-training Oliver, I would just bring him to the potty when I thought he needed to go, and he would go. Buttercup is different, because she doesn't want to go when I tell her to! So after the third day, I stopped badgering her about going to potty, and she started telling me when she needed to go!! She's doing great and has kept herself clean and dry, including trips to the store, the park, playgrounds, and church. We are so proud of her!!
One other proud moment -- a couple of weeks ago, she figured out how to pedal the $5 bike I bought her at a garage sale, and last night she figured out how to steer it! She rode it in circles around the driveway for a long time!!
Such a big girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment