Thursday, March 31, 2011

Glimmer Paint

The other day, I was looking for new and interesting craft ideas, and found this fun activity for making glimmer paint on the Family Fun website.

You'll need equal parts water, salt, and flour (I used 2/3 cup), plus food coloring. Mix the first 3 ingredients together well, then divide it into squeezable containers or a small ziploc bag, and add your food coloring. I actually had to add a little bit of extra water to ours, since the wind dried out our concoction a little bit before I had a chance to scoop it into the bags. It ended up a little too watery, so next time I'll try to mix it up and divide it inside instead.




If you're using ziploc bags, after you add a couple of drops of food coloring, you can get your helpers to smush the food coloring around to mix it for you!


After the colors are mixed, snip the end of the bag and let the kids start creating! Ours was too runny, but they had fun anyway. An added bonus is that it cleans up very easily, too.


1 comment:

  1. Cool idea! I'll keep that in mind for this summer! :thumbsup:

    ReplyDelete