Friday, May 6, 2011

Craft time

Buttercup loves doing crafts, especially drawing/writing and using scissors. Any time I ask her what she wants to do, she says, "SCISSORS! I CUT PAPER!!!!" Ha ha! Also very cute is that she likes to collect her scraps of paper and talk to them like they're her babies. "Ready to go HEB? Want to sit in cart and have snack?" :-D



Oliver likes to work in his cutting-and-pasting jigsaw puzzle workbook:


He also likes to make his own crafts. The other day, I was sitting at the table with them and reading a magazine while they worked with their scissors. I wasn't really paying attention to what they were doing (other than making sure Buttercup only cut paper and not her clothes, hair, skin, etc). Every once in a while Oliver would ask Buttercup to pass him a glue stick or crayon, and then he said, "Hey Mom, I made a crocodile!" You can't tell from the picture, but he used the zig-zag scissors for the teeth and claws. Pretty cool, huh? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment