Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Brownie FAIL

Earlier this week I made a batch of Reese's peanut butter chip brownies for a friend. I decided to make them from scratch because I had all of the ingredients on hand and also because lately I've been feeling more competent with my baking ability.

I took the pan out of the oven when it was time and did the toothpick test and it came out clean. I remember thinking that something seemed weird, because the top layer was so firm, yet the brownies also seemed to be jiggling faintly . . .

I set them aside to cool for about 30 minutes, came back, and discovered this:



A closer look:


After re-reading the recipe and trying to figure out what went wrong, I realized that I used the wrong size pan. Whoops! I tried the recipe again the following morning -- using the right size pan -- and not only did they come out perfect, but they also taste delicious!


Hopefully I won't mess up the cookies I'm supposed to make tomorrow for Oliver's class party!

No comments:

Post a Comment