This week I bought some cute Easter egg decorating kits at Target, and the kids couldn't wait to use them! This morning we were at home by ourselves, so it was the perfect time to test them out. :-)
(This was the first year that Oliver and Buttercup pretty much took care of the egg-dyeing by themselves, with very little supervision! This was also the first year that I finally got wised up and used a towel to protect our countertop . . .)
I can't believe how tall they both are now. Neither of them needed a step stool this year. :-(
To my surprise, Theodore didn't ask to be involved with the egg-dyeing process! He was content to watch and smile for the camera. :-)
I did end up giving him an egg to hold, which he thoroughly enjoyed.
This is when he tapped the egg on my camera lens, ha ha!
And . . . this is right before he threw the egg across the kitchen and then threw a massive tantrum because I wouldn't give him another one. :-)
Imagine these next few pictures with a screaming toddler in the background . . .
This is one of Buttercup's eggs. :-)
These next two are Oliver's eggs. It's interesting how Buttercup was so careful about making her eggs look exactly like the ones in the picture, and Oliver was more abstract with his. :-)
This is one of the eggs that Oliver dyed. I'm not sure how it ended up looking like this, but it was really neat! He wanted to save it as long as he could (before it went bad), but then he dropped it on the floor, so it ended up being the one that he ate first. :-)
Buttercup's finished eggs.
Oliver's finished eggs.
No comments:
Post a Comment