Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Oliver-the-creative strikes again

We were playing outside this morning, and Oliver asked if he could use his plastic, kid-size kitchen tongs to catch bugs. I didn't see why not, so we brought them outside. First, he and I used them to carefully transfer dried cicada shells to an empty container.

Then . . . Buttercup The Destroyer came by and dumped out the shells and smashed them. Oliver was a little upset, to say the least. But he got over it, and started looking for another use for the tongs.

Next, he used them to dig in the dirt, looking for worms. Then he used them to transfer dirt into an empty pot, then he plucked several blades of grass and "planted" them in his pot of dirt.

And then, he discovered that when you stick one end of the tongs into the hose, it makes a pretty neat water fountain.




He is such an awesome little boy. I am so, so, so very blessed that I get to be his mom. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment