Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Quick and easy "pizza"

It seems like we're always rushed for lunch these days. We get so busy playing, swimming, building, etc. that it's lunch time before I know it, and I usually have about 5 or 10 minutes to throw something together before the littlest one starts to melt down.

Today we made mini "pizzas" for lunch -- they're fast, simple and very tasty! And the kids really like making these because they get to help with every part of it (except using the oven, of course).

First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Next, spoon some spaghetti sauce on a tortilla (we used flour tortillas).



















Then, add your toppings (we used shredded cheese and scrambled eggs, yum!).














I took this picture approximately 2 seconds before Buttercup picked up her tortilla and took a big bite out of it. It's hard to wait when you're hungry!! :-D














Finally, bake at 400 degrees for 4 or 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. If you like a crispier crust, you can bake the tortillas for a couple of minutes before adding the sauce and toppings. Yum!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like they had fun. I hate when I'm scrambling to get dinner together and everyone is starving! So much pressure ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea!! My kids would love to make those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do something similar, but a bit lazier. I buy the mini whole wheat pizza crusts from HEB (in the pasta aisle) that come with sauce. Add cheese and bake for 7 mins. I jump at any chance to get a few extra whole grains into Helen and Huck. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we were younger, mom used to let us smoosh biscuits with a tortilla press and turn them into mini pizzas. . . Smooshing things definitely ups the fun. Ha.

    ReplyDelete