Monday, December 13, 2010

Cute Christmas gifts

I've really been having a lot of fun making cute Christmas-y things for gifts this year. The kids have been able to help with a couple of them, and they are really getting into it, too!

One of the gifts is this bag of hot chocolate mix, crushed peppermints, and mini marshmallows. It came out so cute! I still can't believe that I saw the same thing at Michael's, priced at $4.99!! Although mine are cuter, of course. ;-)





These are foam sleigh ornaments (I got a kit at Hobby Lobby) that Oliver helped me make for his classmates. They're really cute, and of course we covered them with glitter glue when they were all put together!


This last one is my favorite so far. It's so easy to make, and Oliver was able to help with every part of it (except stirring the hot candy melts).
--First, heat candy melts in the microwave (I used about half of the bag for 20 marshmallows).
--Then, stick a craft stick into a large marshmallow.
--Dip the marshmallow end into the melted candy, then dip immediately into a bowl of sprinkles.

*I cut slashes into a cardboard box so some could stand up while they hardened, but it turned out that they looked the same (and were a lot less messy and time consuming!) if you just set them sprinkle-side down on a sheet of wax paper.



2 comments:

  1. Cute marshmallows! Not too different from the cheesecake pops I did this weekend. Only easier. Hmmm. Next year I'm doing marshmallows instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to go look at your cheesecake pops, they sound delicious! The marshmallows were SO easy (and fun for Oliver to make!). You should definitely try them sometime. :-)

    ReplyDelete