Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sled and snowman craft

This morning we made this sled craft from the Family Fun website. Ours didn't come out quite as cute as theirs, ha ha! But we had fun anyway, and I got to use my exacto knife and glue gun, whoo hoo!

(I'm going to be lazy and let you get the instructions from their website if you want to try this for yourself.)





Looks pretty cute with one of Wendy's catnip mice on top!


Then, being the overachiever that I am, I decided to make cotton ball snowmen to sit on top. I used 2 cotton balls glued together, with googly eyes and mini colored pom poms for decoration. Oliver really liked using the glue gun, and I was more than impressed at his self control -- he only squeezed out a little bit, just like I asked him!


Is it just me, or do they look more like owls than snowmen?


The finished product!



And where was Miss Buttercup during all of this, you might ask? Why, she was busy yelling, screaming, slapping, and sitting in her time out chair, of course!

Don't believe me? Here's a picture that I was trying to take of Oliver and his sled, when Buttercup walked up (fresh out of time out) and stepped right on top of Oliver's sled. Sigh. Good thing we used a lot of glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment