Friday, January 21, 2011

A treat for the birds and squirrels

Last week I found this fun activity idea on the Totally Tots website. To make it, you'll need:
-- peanut butter
-- bread
-- cookie cutters
-- bird seed
-- a straw
-- string
-- some cute helpers! :-)

First, use the cookie cutters to cut the bread into cute shapes**. Spread each side with peanut butter, then top with bird seed.





Use the straw to punch a hole in the middle of the bread, then use the string to hang it from a tree branch. So far, we haven't had any takers, but hopefully soon!



**Our bread folded in on itself after I hung it, so the shapes didn't really matter for us. In hindsight, we should have either used less peanut butter or made toast instead.

3 comments:

  1. We used to make these with pine cones when I was a kid. Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, pine cones would work really well!! Weird, but I'm just now realizing that I haven't seen any (or many, at least) pine trees around here. Hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about using bagels? Built-in hole and a little sturdier. ;)

    ReplyDelete