Friday, July 1, 2011

He's a stingray!

This week, Oliver had his last swim lesson in the level 3 class. The different levels all have the names of sea creatures (Pike, Eel, Starfish, etc), and ever since Oliver has started swimming, he's been looking forward to being in the Stingray class (level 4). Almost every day since he started level 3, he would ask me, "Am I still an Eel? Am I a Stingray yet?"

Since this was the last week of lessons, his swim teacher was supposed to evaluate his swimming ability to determine if he moved up to the level 4 class or stayed in the level 3 class. But his class had substitute teachers for the last few lessons, so there was some confusion about whether or not he was moving up to level 4. I ended up calling to see if he had passed the class, and was told that his class had somehow slipped through the cracks and none of the students were evaluated! Instead, I would have to bring him to the YMCA pool to have one of the lifeguards evaluate him.

We went yesterday afternoon and, not surprisingly, he passed with flying colors! The instructor who evaluated him said that she was not only impressed with how well he swam, but that she rarely sees a 4 year old who swims as well as he does on his own! He's been doing so well, and we are so proud of him!

I meant to take some pictures of him at the pool yesterday, but his evaluation didn't last long, and I was preoccupied with bouncing the baby so he would stay asleep in the baby sling. :-)
Instead, here are some pictures from earlier in the week when Oliver, Buttercup and I were playing outside. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment