Warning: these cookies are very addictive!!!
Chocolate mint cookies
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag (12 oz, I think?) Andes mints pieces
Preheat oven to 375.
Cream sugars, vanilla, and butter together. Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
Then beat together until nice and creamy. Resist the urge to eat all of the cookie dough.
Stir in Andes mints, and drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 9-12 minutes at 375 degrees.
They taste like Thin Mints (the Girl Scout cookies) and I should have made a half batch because I can't stop eating them. So delicious. Enjoy!
Aren't those things the best? Just fyi, when you're in a pinch, the recipe on the Andes package is pretty good too. . . yay for Christmas cookies! Our swap is tomorrow. . . so tonight, I have Millionaire's Shorbread on the schedule.
ReplyDeleteOh, you know, I didn't even notice a recipe on the Andes package. Ha ha ha! Yum, shortbread! Let me know how it goes and I'll also need your recipe. ;-)
ReplyDelete