Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fun monster craft

Since Oliver is off of school this week, I thought it would be fun to do a craft like we used to do! Except Oliver is apparently too old for crafts (or so he said) and he didn't want to do it. So I got started on it by myself, and once he saw that I was squishing paint, he decided to jump in and join me. :-)  

(I got this idea from Totally Tots.)  (Also, sorry for the blurry phone pictures.)

First, you'll need some construction paper and paint. (We used tempura paint.)  Squeeze some -- a little will do, but Oliver really liked squeezing, so we ended up with a lot -- onto  the paper.


Next, fold your paper down the middle and squish the paint together. 

Let your paint creations dry overnight.


Once the paint is dry, time to get to work decorating your monsters!

Theodore mainly played with the scissor box while the other two were working on their crafts. :-)


 Here are the kids' finished monsters (Oliver's on top, Buttercup's on bottom). Lots of fun! And I'm glad Oliver ended up joining in and having fun making this. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment