Monday, October 29, 2012

Running with my big boy

Yesterday afternoon the weather was so nice (cool, sunny, light breeze, beautiful blue sky). I normally don't run on Sundays, but after a harrowing morning with the diva, I felt like I needed a short run to clear my head. Oliver had just gotten a new bike for his birthday and since he doesn't nap anymore, I thought he might like to go with me to the trail! 

I figured we would go about 3 or 4 miles at his pace, but we ended up going at my pace, with him zooming ahead at times, and ended up with a total of 5 miles. He wanted to go more, but my legs were definitely done after a hard run Friday and a long run Saturday, so we stopped at 5!  

The whole bike ride/run was such a blessing to me . . . we had so much fun talking and laughing while I was running and he was riding his bike, and I could tell that he felt so big, riding his bike next to me like that. I am so thankful for him, and I am so thankful for that sweet, precious time with the sweet big boy God has given to us. He is such a blessing. 

(And thankfully, our middle blessing had a good nap and was an absolute angel for the rest of the day. ;-)  

Here are some pictures of Oliver riding while I was running (I know you're jealous of my awesome photography skills, ha ha).


We had to stop and get him a sandwich after his ride, he was starving!

No comments:

Post a Comment