Saturday, May 30, 2009

Friday and Saturday stuff

Oliver and I have started a new tradition over the past few months -- Fridays are our "special" days. Oliver gets to choose his lunch (usually Kraft macaroni & cheese), and on Friday afternoons, he's allowed to watch a movie after his nap. All week long we talked about which movie he wanted to watch. At first, it was Pinocchio, then it was Lady and the Tramp, and toward the end of the week he finally decided on Monsters, Inc. So Monsters, Inc. it was! And it was the first time that he sat down and watched an entire movie (I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing!), so he apparently enjoyed it. :-)

While he watched the movie,
















Buttercup explored the tools in his tool box
















Saw bracelets are all the rage this season, didn't you know?




















For dinner, we went to Rudy's BBQ (Oliver's choice!) for a treat. Oliver made sure to save room for the good stuff . . . Rudy's banana pudding!

Digging in

















On Saturday, we inflated our new back yard pool (thanks, Grammy!) and look forward to spending a lot of time splashing this summer. The water was a little too cold for Buttercup, so she played in her exersaucer while Dennis and Oliver splashed, jumped, and kicked in the water.















































Here are some cute videos!

In this video, Buttercup is showing off her new skill -- clapping!



Here, Oliver starts off singing ("hello, hello, hello") then he finishes up by trying to hold up 2 fingers at a time. Be sure to notice his look of concentration.



And finally, here's Oliver singing his version of "I Went Down to the Audubon Zoo". I'll post his lyrics below.


I went down to Audubon Zoo
I went down to Audubon Zoo
and they all asked for ME
Hippo and monkey and gorilla and zebras and ostrich and giraffes and giraffes and DOC HUDSON! Zoom! He was there!
That all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment