Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Wow, it's already the second week of May. We are enjoying the warm weather before it starts getting too hot! This afternoon we went to the sprinkler park. Oliver loved wearing his "bo-bo guard" (rash guard) and Lightning McQueen swim trunks. I know he has recently gone through a growth spurt, because his swim trunks were a good bit shorter on him today! What a growing boy. He had so much fun splashing and running through the sprinklers! Buttercup was very cute in her pink striped swim suit, but she didn't care for the water that much this time. I bet she'll be more interested in it toward the end of the summer!
























































Oliver is such a sweet big brother. He is constantly looking out for his baby sister
, wants to share things with her, wants his clothes to match hers, etc. Since Buttercup wears Oliver's hand-me-down pajamas, every night at bedtime, Oliver asks which PJs she is wearing so he can pick out matching PJs for himself. It's so fun to watch them interact! Yesterday morning, I was in the kitchen preparing lunch while Oliver played in the living room and Buttercup sat in the exersaucer. Buttercup started crying, and Oliver immediately walked over and said, "It okay, baby. Big brother here! Baby need hug now?" and reached out to give her a hug. He was so close to her face that she stopped crying and stared at him, then started giggling. Very cute! It was definitely one of the moments that I wish I could bottle up and save for later.

Last weekend, Dennis took Oliver to Target, and Oliver picked out these matching cups for himself and baby sister (also notice their matching shark PJs):















I've recently started doing a Bible lesson with Oliver twice a week. So far, he doesn't quite get it . . . our first 2 lessons have been in the book of Genesis (mainly about the animals and God's creation) and if you ask Oliver what he learned from his Bible lesson, he says, "JESUS!" . . . but he's a willing, cheerful learner. I love spending our days together!

No comments:

Post a Comment