Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Oliver-isms from today

Oliver, as usual, had so many cute and funny things to say today, so I thought I would share some with you!

We spent most of our morning on the trail, running around and playing on playgrounds. Both Oliver and I got pretty sweaty while we were playing. At naptime, Oliver was sitting close to me while we read stories, and he looked at me and said, "Something stinky." I said, "Really? What stinks?" And he said, "Mommy. Mommy stinky." He even wrinkled up his nose!

Tonight when I tucked Oliver in bed, I asked him which song he wanted me to sing. He said, "Song about running a race." I thought he meant Do-Re-Mi, because we listened to it earlier in the day, and one part goes, "Fa . . . a long, long way to run." So I started singing that song. Oliver interrupted and said, "No, not that one. Running race song!" I asked him to sing it to me, and he said, "Gun! Gun! Gun! Ready, set, go! Run race!" I said, "Do you want me to sing the song that was sung when Mommy ran a race?" and he said, "yes!" So tonight his bedtime song was The Star Spangled Banner. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment