I'm in the process of training to run my first marathon. I am so very excited and thankful for the opportunities that God has given me! I began an 18 week training program over the summer -- about 40 weeks before the actual marathon. What can I say, I like to be prepared! Good thing for my early preparation though, because I ended up with a running-induced injury last month, the week before I was going to try my first 20 mile run. I've had to take the last 2 weeks very easy, so I haven't been getting in all of the mileage that I was hoping to at this point. But God is good and His plans are the right plans! I haven't lost very much fitness because I've been running consistently for so long, and it just so happened that we were at my parents' house during one of the weeks that I couldn't run, and my dad (a massage therapist) fixed me up with a daily massage and my leg pain was gone!
But on the long drive back to our house, my leg started bothering me again. The first night back at home, I tried to stretch it out, but I just couldn't stretch it out where it needed to be stretched. I really needed another massage! Then the next evening, the light bulb went off -- I could use the rolling pin! The kids were in bed and Dennis was watching a movie on the couch, so I got out our wood rolling pin and rolled all of the kinks out of my leg. Sounds funny, but it really worked! I've been using it every day since then and I haven't had any trouble at all while running, praise the Lord! I've even tried a little bit of speedwork this week, and was pain-free! God is good! I just need to trust Him and wait for His plans!
16 days until the 3M Half Marathon! I'm hoping to get a new PR (personal record). The time to beat is 1:34:54, so we'll see how I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment