I did manage to set out their treats and new heart plates before they got up. Oliver was very excited to get candy.
Buttercup was more interested in her new plate.
After breakfast, we all sat down to make valentines for each other. Oliver, however, only made one for himself, ha ha.
While he finished
Dennis dressed Buttercup in her ballerina outfit, and when Oliver saw her, he said, "Oh! She's a pretty, pretty princess! May I walk down the hall with the pretty, pretty princess?" And they walked down the hall together, into the kitchen, around the kitchen island a couple of times, and back into the living room. It was just too cute. :-)
After naptime, it was time for the fun stuff -- DECORATING CUPCAKES! Oliver could barely contain his excitement. Poor kid, I made him wait until Aunt Anna came over, and she was barely in the door before he started asking her to sit down and decorate cupcakes. :-)
Oliver's (half-eaten) creation
Anna's festive cupcake
My attempt at being artistic
Buttercup preferred to decorate herself. :-)
After our cupcake-decorating, Oliver helpfully
And Buttercup had fun playing dress-up!
It was too cold and windy to play outside, but we ("we" meaning "Oliver") were all about to go crazy from being cooped up inside for 5 days, so we went to (where else?) IKEA.
This picture just cracks me up. I love my kids! Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment