Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas cookie FAIL

For the past 3 years, we've made sugar cookies (and last year we also made gingerbread cookies!) for Christmas -- it's a fun tradition and the kids love it. For some reason, this year I decided to try a new recipe. As far as cookie dough goes, it was a disaster. In hindsight, I should have used my tried-and-true recipe that uses Crisco instead of butter. But on the bright side, the cookies still tasted great, the kids had fun playing with dough and decorating cookies, and at least now I know for next year. :-)







This was probably around the time that I gave up on trying to roll out the dough and started smashing it down with my hands instead. :-)



Dennis' free form cookies below:


Decorating is the best part!



2 comments:

  1. Maria, this posting exemplified all 3 aspects of the title of your blog: Living the traditions that you have established for your family; learning from the "mistake" of using a less than perfect recipe; and loving those kids by taking the time to engage them in family activities. These children will grow to know that family is where the fun is. You are investing in your and their future. I am so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the tool cookies. I have a couple of recipes for cookies that use Crisco. Eh, not the end of the world ;-)

    ReplyDelete