Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Resurrection Eggs

Resurrection Eggs are a fun way for kids to learn about Easter! We did it last year for the first time, and both kids had so much fun that I knew we had to make it an Easter tradition. Even though Buttercup was too young last year to know what was going on, she still had fun looking for eggs and opening them to see what was inside. This year, I used the example from the MOPS website since it's geared more toward kids Oliver's age and was easier for Buttercup to understand.

First, get six plastic Easter eggs and number them 1-6. Fill them in this order:
#1 -- a piece of bread
#2 -- three silver coins
#3 -- thorns
#4 -- a cross (I cut mine from felt)
#5 -- a rock
#6 -- leave empty



Hide the eggs, then after the kids find them, have them open the eggs in order and use the objects to tell them about the Resurrection story.






And here's a video of Oliver explaining the Resurrection story. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I love Oliver's explanation! Such a wonderful craft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the video, too -- my favorite part is when he said, ". . . and they made him a thorny hat . . . " Crown, hat, same thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep....he got the idea....thorns on the head. :-)

    ReplyDelete