I recently found this smoked paprika at Costco, and it is so good! I love the way it smells, too. Such a nice, smoky aroma. And it adds such a nice flavor to the hummus.
Ingredients:
2 15oz cans of chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
3/4 tsp salt, more or less
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
1/4 + 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp minced garlic
~1/4 cup water, more or less
Place all of the ingredients in your food processor.
Blend them up until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add more or less water, depending on the texture that you prefer.
This is a really good recipe for kids to help with, because they can dump the beans and spices in the food processor, help you squeeze the lemon, etc. And it only takes about 5 minutes from start to finish, and then they get to eat it right away! (You just might want to warn your little helpers that the food processor will be pretty loud.)
And voila! Yummy, homemade hummus that costs less than $2.00 for about 1 quart, and is a perfect dip for fresh veggies and whole wheat crackers. Or, if you're like my kids, you can also use it as a dip for strawberries, grapes, or blueberries. :-)
Ooh! Thank you for the recipe! I tried to come up with one for the blog but it was too garlicky and almost spicy for Isaac. I'll have to try it.
ReplyDeleteI hope he likes it!
ReplyDelete