Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Whoo hoo!

Last night was the first night that Theodore slept all.night.long! Yay!!

For about a month, he'd been consistently waking up between 3:00 and 4:00 to eat. Since he's quickly approaching his 9 month birthday, I decided last week to start weaning him off of his night feeding (because a 24 pound 9 month old does NOT need to eat at night!).

So I started "sleep training" (read: making him cry) on Thursday, and it actually went really well! Each night he woke up, cried off and on for about 20-30 minutes, then fell back asleep until after 6:00am. Last night was night #4, and he didn't even make a peep! He just slept straight through. He's actually just starting to wake up now, about 11 1/2 hours after his bedtime. :-)

Way to go, Theodore!!

(I wish my poor hubby could have gotten some extra sleep last night, too, but he was up all night fixing a work problem, and he hasn't been able to go to bed yet. :-()

No comments:

Post a Comment