Monday, February 6, 2012

Thankful

Today is a chilly, gray day, which feels like perfect napping and book-reading weather to me. The kids and I had a busy morning with lots of outside playtime for the big ones, and I got everyone down for their naps kind of late. I was hoping that at least the 3 year old would take a good nap, but to my surprise all three kids all took a good, long nap at the same time! (And, as a plus, the baby took a little bit longer to fall asleep, so I got to go back in his room to rock him and smell his sweet baby smell.) I got all of my chores done, read for a little while, then as I was sitting on the couch I thought about all of the little things that I'm thankful for today. Like . . .

-- getting to have a really good quiet time with the Lord in the middle of the day;
-- having the time to prep tonight's dinner, tomorrow's dinner, and the kids' school lunches for tomorrow so I can play with the kids when they are up from their naps;
-- having the laundry done for another day;
-- having lots of good books to read;
-- our awesome coffee maker;
-- getting to watch the clouds through the skylight in the living room;
-- the mild winter and getting to enjoy the playgrounds before it gets too hot again;
-- that Theodore will be old enough to play at the sprinkler parks and sand parks this summer!
-- my sweet girl and how much she loves her brothers;
-- my baby boy and the way he clings to me like a baby koala;
-- my big boy, who comes stumbling down the hall after naptime with his hair flattened on one side, one cheek red from laying on it, rubbing his eyes and mumbling, "Moooom, did I sleep?" :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment