Thursday, March 22, 2012

Craft stick puzzles

This is another really fun idea I got from Having Fun at Home. You and your kids can make your own puzzles, by drawing on craft sticks! How fun and easy is that? :-) You'll need plain craft sticks, markers, and masking or painter's tape.

I measured out 10 craft sticks for each kid, and taped them to the table like this:

Then the kids each drew their own pictures on the sticks.


The whole purpose of this project was to draw a picture that you would be able to put together like a puzzle later. I explained this to Buttercup quite a few times, but she was still determined to color all of her craft sticks green. :-)

Oliver really got into it and made this savanna scene:

Then came the fun part -- removing the tape and re-assembling the puzzle!

It was a little tricky at first, but Oliver figured his out.

He liked it so much that he made another puzzle! This time, he made an ocean scene. Since he used more colors this time, it was easier for him to put it back together. :-)


Around this point, Buttercup decided that she wanted to make another one, too. She wanted a tree picture, so I drew a tree and some some grass for her, and she did the rest! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment