Monday, March 5, 2012

Water . . . er, mud table

Last week, the sweet baby boy had his second ear infection (9 days after the first one!). This time, his ear was so infected that it was draining out of his eye. :-( When he woke up on Friday morning, his eye was so swollen that he could barely open it, poor baby. But he was still mostly happy (although he didn't want to be too far away from his mommy!).

By the afternoon, he was feeling a little bit better, and his eye wasn't nearly as swollen. He was the happiest outside, so I pushed him in the swing for a long time, and since it was a warm afternoon, I set up the water table for the big kids to play.

After a while, Theodore wanted to get down (but putting him down on the grass leads to him eating grass, which leads to me fishing grass out of his mouth, which leads to baby tantrums), so he and I went in the sunroom to play while the older ones stayed at the water table.




Then I heard lots of whooping and (happy) yelling coming from the back yard, and I looked out to find that this:


. . . had turned into this:


Ha ha. Why do they always make mud? Never mind, I know. Because mud is fun. :-)


1 comment: