Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sticky table

This is a really great activity idea that I found at Having Fun at Home. My kids loved this! And I loved it because all of the mess sticks to the contact paper, and then you just roll it up and throw it away! Can't beat that. :-)

You'll need a large piece of contact paper. Tape it sticky side up to a table (I used the kids' craft table since it was the right height and size for them). Then give them a bunch of different things to use on the table. We used pom poms, paperoni, googly eyes, craft sticks, buttons, glitter, and bits of pipe cleaners.

At first the kids just had fun seeing how the different items (and their hands!) stuck to the paper.


Then they started pouring on the glitter. Definitely Buttercup's favorite part. :-)

It was even fun to see if the glitter shaker would stick to the paper. :-) (One end did, one end didn't.)


Then they had fun making shapes and animals. I think this was Oliver's favorite part!

Here's a salamander that Buttercup made:

Here's Oliver, making a fish:

This was so fun, and we are absolutely doing it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment