Dennis and I had bought him a new lunch bag, and I wrapped it in wrapping paper last night and set it on his placemat so he would see it first thing this morning. This morning was it. The big day. Even though he had started to seem excited about school, I was afraid that he would wake up feeling nervous and sad again. Thankfully, though, he woke up (super early!!) with a smile on his face and he was READY to go!! He wolfed down his breakfast (okay, that's not too unusual, ha ha!), got dressed in his school clothes as soon as he brushed his teeth, and he was so thrilled with his new lunch bag that he carried it around the house for the next hour!
Then it was time to drive to school and drop him off. We had to wait in line for about 10 minutes, and he got a little nervous at the classroom door, but his teacher welcomed him in with a hug, and he walked in with a shy smile. :-) When I picked him up this afternoon, he was busy playing with some of his classmates, then he ran right over to me and Buttercup and gave us both a big hug. :-)
His report for today? He was a good listener, very obedient, and a cheerful helper. He made 2 new friends, and ate every bit of his lunch. His only complaint to me was that I didn't pack enough lunch for him!! LOL! The last thing his teacher told me before we left, was that Oliver was so well behaved and friendly, that she had forgotten that this was his first time in Mother's Day Out! That was pretty neat. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment