Monday, September 27, 2010

Not just a hat rack, my friends

Lately I've realized that Buttercup + fingerpaint = Buttercup painting anything and everything within reach at the table. Including her brother. And the cat's tail, should Wendy happen to walk by.

So, rather than take away the joy of fingerpainting, I had the bright idea to bring the fingerpaints outside. (I know, I know, other people have discovered this ages ago, but I'm kind of slow on the uptake.) I was thinking that this would be a fun, safe activity, because the paint is washable, right? And Buttercup surely would only paint the object I gave her, right?

Here we have Buttercup happily smearing paint on her hands, then making handprints on the box I gave her to paint.





What you don't see is her running away the second my back was turned, and putting paint-handprints on the patio, the house's foundation, and the playset. (And her brother, but thankfully he was so intent on his painting that he didn't notice.)





Hmm. Maybe next time I should bring her booster chair outside and strap her in so she can't run away. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment