Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Does this look like a fossil to you?

Over the weekend, Oliver and Dennis went fossil hunting at one of the parks on the trail. They were gone for a couple of hours, and came home with a bag of fossils that Oliver collected:


However, they also came home with this thing, which is definitely NOT a fossil. And should not have been anywhere NEAR my babies and my house.



Oliver was absolutely thrilled with it and wanted to keep it in his room. NO WAY, I said. And just look at the grin on Dennis' face -- he was egging Oliver on and totally wanted to keep it. NO.WAY., I said again.



Even Buttercup joined in. "Itsy-bitsy spider? Itsy-bitsy spider, please?" Um, no baby, there's nothing itsy-bitsy about that spider, and it's going back in the woods ASAP.


Somehow, I feel like this is going to be one of the least gross things that my husband and son bring home from their adventures . . . but at least they have fun! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment